Last call for drinks: Sydney Sewists High Tea

Friday 14 June 2013
Sunday 23 June is rapidly approaching and a lovely group of 18 ladies have confirmed their attendance at the High Tea, including SewBusyLizzie who has only recently returned from an amazing overseas holiday and is now going to travel some 4 hours from the north coast to join us! So clearly you can tell this is one event you don't want to have FOMO over ('fear of missing out for those of us that speak proper, non-teenage English).

But it's not too late to join us - I'll be confirming the final numbers and paying for our group on Tuesday, so if you'd like to come email me at Kristy_Idle"at"hotmail.com and I'll send you payment details straight away. 

If you can't commit, but somehow find yourself with a few free hours on that Sunday you could always take a chance that there's spare capacity at the restaurant and come along anyway, but I would check first with the club whether there's any space during that sitting. I don't know how busy it gets there on a Sunday afternoon in June but you never know your luck.

As a reminder here are the details:
What: Sydney Sewists High Tea - all welcome!
When: Sunday 23 June 1.30pm
Where: Level Fourteen, The American Club, 131 Macquarie St Sydney (the Circular Quay end)
Cost: $47 p.p

And the lovely Christie from littlebettydesigns has suggested we have an informal swap on the day, so if you have a piece of fabric or patterns or even some haberdashery notions that you no longer want or need in your stash bring it along and you might even go home with some new goodies even though we aren't even fabric shopping!

As for me I've done no sewing at all this week, having been in bed since last Saturday terribly sick with strep throat and the worse headache I've ever experienced in my life. At first I thought I just had tonsillitis again and was self medicating with some penicillin leftover from the last bout of tonsillitis I had, and I only visited the doctor to get a medical certificate. But lucky I did because apparently strep throat can get very serious if not treated with the correct antibiotics, and the doctor gave me some nice heavy duty drugs to help me get through the worse of it. I think I'm ok now (fingers crossed) although I do feel weary - any migraine sufferer would know the feeling of heavy eyes and tiredness that you feel after a migraine finally lifts.

But the good news is that I gave the pyjamas pants from the last post a thorough testing and I can confirm they are perfect pj pants. The slim cut of the leg meant they didn't bunch up at the knees as soon as I slid between the sheets, and the drawstring waist is snug enough that when you roll over your pants don't get all twisted and uncomfortable. Or is it only me that this happens to?

I don't like to post without a photo, and lucky for you all my mum has obligingly found the photo of my sister and I wearing our matching strawberry shortcake outfits.  So for your viewing pleasure and at the risk of damaging my highly cultivated fashionable persona, here it is (that's me on Santa's left):


Now I know there'll be a pin it button next to this photo, but please NO ONE pin this please please please!

9 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Gosh I have so many similar photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not pinning, of course, but that photo is adorable! Hope you are back to your sewing self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to the High Tea. Whilst it sounds like a good idea to have an informal swap, I don't think it is the place to set up a market place and fighting over bits of fabric. I personally am not in favour of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you have been unwell. Glad to hear you are on the mend. You and your sister look so alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do hope you are feeling much better and the photo of you and your sister is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I hope you feel better soon. The picture is wonderful, my sister was assigned Strawberry Shortcake by my Mum when we were little (I got Holly Hobbit) so it's oh so familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get to feeling better; no fun to be sick when you want to sew!
    Love the picture.... and your cute freckles~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hope you are feeling better. It sucks to be sick! Enjoy the meet up.. of course I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked very carefully at the face of the store santa as my husband worked as store santa at David Jones Christmas 84. He was a grad student and has to earn a quid. His beard made him look older. Looking forward to Sunday.

    ReplyDelete